Join the team
PAMPA is always looking for inspired people who share our values and love for working in a designer yet artisan ethically run family company. We are looking for committed, hardworking, innovative and intelligent individuals who would like to join our small team with a highly pro-active energy.
People who identify as First Nations, culturally and linguistically diverse, living with disability and LGBTQI+ are encouraged to apply to join the Pampa family.
SALES ACCOUNT MANAGER- TRADE – US BASED
Pampa is currently seeking an enthusiastic committed and experienced Sales Account Manager based in the US that will be taking care of servicing our existing Trade (Interior designers, architects, stylists) while working to build a prospect new trade business around the country.
An exciting role for a dedicated and self-motivated person that thrives on building successful relationships with our clients and is willing to attract new ones to grow the clientele portfolio. There is a lot of room for growth within this role as Pampa is constantly growing as a business.
The successful applicant will be working under the guidance of Co-Founders who are very experienced within all sales roles at Pampa, and will provide assistance and monitoring for smooth integration into the role. You will be working on a daily basis with our Operations and Logistics Manager in Argentina. It is essential that you develop an understanding of the nature of our products and be the middle person between our production team, trade and potentially wholesale clients in a responsible, understanding and proactive manner with ownership of execution.
Having the ability to handle a fast-paced environment is imperative as the interior design industry has strict project deadlines. However still being able to keep calm and inform our clients of the slow hand-made process behind our products that may occasionally create unforeseen delays.
- Work within a team environment from different parts of the world. You will be working closely with Pampa team members that live in Australia and Argentina, must be able to adapt and understand of the company as a whole. We place high importance on our work culture across the global Pampa team.
- Drive trade sales and cultivate growth through strategic outreach, elevated customer service and engagement. Overseeing all Trade enquiries based in the US and communicating professionally with clients.
- Complete ownership and expertise of territory it’s development and community. Strategise and execute outreach initiatives.
- Present product and interact with prospects and clients daily/weekly. Coordinating and facilitating the sale of custom rugs of trade clients in cooperation with our in-house design team.
- Demonstrate product knowledge- be familiar with the construction if the products and be able to recommend products for residential and hospitality.
- Confidently and professionally resolving client and/or production issues related to product, shipping and customer dissatisfaction, offering appropriate resolutions.
- Reviewing all product digital designs prior to sending to production – ensuring margin for error is minimised.
- Manage client portfolio-order requests, samples, information, product care, trouble-shooting, sales leads, monitoring orders through to delivery.
- Seek opportunities to share and expertise and strategies with Co-Founders &Team.
- Meeting set sales KPI’s and provide weekly and monthly reporting.
- Invoicing and managing accounts receivable through Xero.
- Provide support for client’s events, networking opportunities and client entertainment, new collections launches, and media events. Building and expanding Pampa’s presence in the Interior Design space.
- In depth industry knowledge and experience in regards to sales, trade business practices, negotiations and pricing structures. Staying up-to-date with current trends in the interior design world.
- Pro-Actively looking for gaps and opportunities in the current market to drive sales through all channels (Web, Pinterest, Social, LinkedIn etc) and interact in social media with interior design firms.
- Reviewing and managing US Trade Applications through the website, building relationships with applicants, knowledge in Shopify is a required.
- Execute winning Customer Service techniques through emails, klaviyo, phone calls and social media DMs.
- Managing all US Trade Sales through the Monday app (work management app) working together with the team to fulfil sales.
- Assisting with the planning and execution of Trade EDM's with our MKT team.
- Flexibility to meet up after hours via zoom with Australian team and production meetings with Argentina.
- This position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to work remotely from their home, with the potential for a future office or showroom space.
The successful applicant will have:
- A passion for Pampa’s brand values, sustainability practices and aesthetic, presenting yourself as a premium Brand Ambassador.
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills and an acute attention to detail.
- Have drive and passion to achieve and exceed sales targets.
- A can-do attitude and strong problem-solving skills with the initiative to resolve the inherent issues that arise with handmade production and the demands of high-end interior design world.
- Driven responsible and organised.
- Self-started and goal oriented.
- Comfortable on working alone and a part of a team living overseas.
- Committed and enthusiast about design.
- Frequently uses initiative to think of new ways to approach projects/tasks and about future work pipeline.
- Excellent communication skills and cooperative personality.
- A kind, supportive and passionate person that understands and appreciates handmade artisanal goods.
- A collaborator at heart, driven by achieving lasting customer experiences & engaging communication skills.
- Highly motivated, self-starter who can hit the ground running, with the ability to solve problems and confidently make decisions independently.
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude and a step ahead on their to do list, we are looking for passionate likeminded people bringing something new to the table.
- Passionate about the interior design industry.
- Strong interest in ethically made products and practices and aligning with our ethos and responsibility.
- Highly organised, with the ability to work under pressure with deadlines to meet and able to self-manage.
Experience and skills
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years’ experience in a similar role within the industry.
- Proven experience and results in sales.
- Experience with Xero, Shopify and associated platforms.
- Demonstrate winning Social Customer Service techniques.
- Excellent communication and copywriting skills, with ability to sell Pampa’s product.
- Advanced skills with Excel and experience in sales analysis and reporting.
- Comprehensive knowledge of: Google drive, Dropbox, LinkedIn.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with prompt email turnaround.
- Confident and friendly personality to conduct productive client meetings.
Other skills – Not required but an advantage
- Bonus if you have used Monday task planner before.
- Spanish as second language.
- Welcoming work online culture.
- Generous staff discounts.
- Investment in your personal career development.
- Be the person to help us grow our business in the US and with that our team.
How to apply:
We would love to hear from you if you would think you would be the right fit. Please send an email to Victoria firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Sales Account Manager - Trade US.
- Your resume.
- A one-paragraph bio about who you are and what makes you jump out of bed in the morning.
- Send us your Pinterest portfolio if you have one.
This position is for people living in the US, specifically Los Angeles or NYC. Applications will close early December 2023. Shortlisted applicants only will be notified. We are looking to finalise the position by early January with an immediate start.
Pampa is family run B Corp business based in Australia and Argentina with a worldwide reach and audience. At Pampa we feel the need to rediscover threatened cultures and revive lost traditions. We believe your home is your sanctuary and that you should feel inspired within by adding meaningful handmade items. We offer handcrafted, high quality luxury home goods, made by our extended family of artisans. Designed in Australia and woven in partnership with skilled artisans in remote Argentina and beyond, Pampa offers ethically handcrafted rugs, textiles and homewares. Our products are made from fine, natural materials such as purse sheep’s wool. When you feel the warmth of natural fibres, you feel the earth- a tactile, grounding experience that brings a sense of awareness and attention to ant space.
In addition to providing fair wages and ethical ways of working with our artisans, we also take care of our environment. Pampa is proud to partner with environmental charity One Tree Planted on crucial reforestation projects around the world. For every Pampa order, a tree is planted. When you buy a rug or a photography print, you're planting 5 trees, and for other Pampa pieces you're planting 1 tree.
Pampa has been featured in Architecture Digest, The Local Project, Goop, The Design Files, Sight Unseen, Design Milk, Yellow Trace, Real Living, Belle, Inside Out, amongst others.